Master ASE Certified Mechanic
Our client one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned Charter Transportation Company in Texas is seeking a qualified Master ASE Certified Diesel and Bus Mechanic to join our Channelview facility. We operate a fleet of diesel and gas-powered motor coach buses, school buses, transit buses, trolleys, minibuses and vans.
Mechanic Responsibilities, Duties & Qualifications
- Mechanic/Maintenance shop operates 2 shifts, 7 days a week
- Schedules are flexible
- Mechanic must be able to work independently
- Additional training programs are available
- Position is safety sensitive
- required tasks include preventive maintenance inspections, emergency and road failure repairs, and general maintenance on electrical, HVAC, brake and accessory systems.
- Wheelchair lift experience is helpful
- Mechanics must own basic hand tools
- Understanding of diesel engines, tires, air brake systems, HVAC systems, and electrical systems, and be able to perform necessary preventative maintenance and repair in all aspects.
- Document all work completed and parts used
- Mechanic must have at least 2 years’ experience or technical training work on buses and diesel-powered vehicles
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE Certified is Required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Salary range based on experience and qualifications
- Benefits such as (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity, Life insurance, Whole Life insurance, Long-term, Short-term disability, Accidental coverage, and Critical Illness.
- Direct Deposit
- PTO after 1 year of service
- Additional Manufacturer Training
Job Type: Full-time