Maintenance Tech II
- Safely performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair work on facilities, systems, structures and equipment (i.e. repair/replacement of screens, glass, doors, hardware, shades, blinds, light fixtures, handrails, ceilings, walls, floors, baseboards, molding, playground and recreational equipment). Some work will be performed under supervision, but other work will be performed independently, based upon the skills of the incumbent.
- Assembles, installs and/or repairs plumbing fixtures and equipment including repairing or replacing kitchen sinks, bathroom lavatories, commodes, bathtubs, showers, faucets, shower-heads, water supply and drain lines, traps and clean outs. Unstops drains.
- Replaces furnace/AC filters, checks and cleans air vents and thermostats and installs window and central air conditioning units.
- Replaces electrical switches, circuits, breaker boxes, outlets, light fixtures and electrical appliances when needed under the supervision of the Master Electrician.
- Performs skilled maintenance and repair work on facilities and equipment. Assists in the preparation of vacant housing units for occupancy by cleaning and making necessary repairs.
- Prepares and paints housing units using common painting equipment and instruments including roller, paint brush, sprayer, ladder, etc.
- Patches and repairs walls and roofs as needed; replaces and repairs glass window panes and screens, counter tops, tiles toilets and sinks.
- Repairs or replaces door locks Installs, and/or repairs vanities, hand rails, countertops, cabinets, doors, windows, screens, smoke detectors, flooring, roofing, etc.
- Assembles, installs and/or repairs, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them; checking repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassembles equipment.
- Maintains parts, supplies, and equipment advising supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.