Maintenance Tech I
- Postal Code 77584
- Salary Offers $20.63
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Safely assists with a wide variety of maintenance and repair work on facilities, systems, structures and equipment (i.e. repairs and replacement of screens, glass, doors and door hardware, shades, blinds, light fixtures, handrails, ceilings, walls and floors, baseboards, molding strips, playground and recreational equipment, etc.). Performs minor work on facilities, systems, drains, structures and equipment without supervision.
- Replaces furnace/AC filters, checks air vents and thermostats and assists with installation of window and central air conditioning units.
- Assists with replacement of electrical switches, circuits, breaker boxes, outlets, light fixtures and electrical appliances when needed under the supervision of the Master Electrician.
- Assists with repair and installation of existing or new drywall where needed, including cutting, fitting, taping, floating and painting as needed.
- Assists with the make-ready of vacant units, completing the work as quickly as possible consistent with a high quality result.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines/equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of building equipment does not deteriorate.
- Assists with repair or replacement of defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassembles equipment.
- Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO’s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.