- Salary Offers $11
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs entry-level food service work. Work involves preparing , cooking, and serving food,
and cleaning equipment and work areas. Works under close supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Prepares dining areas for the serving of meals and sets up serving lines.
• Prepares and assists others in preparing all types of meals for students and adults.
• Washes, rinses and sanitize pots and pans and cooking equipment
• Serves meals.
• Cleans dining, service, and food preparation areas.
• Cleans and sanitizes appliances and equipment and prepares trash to take out for pickup and disposal.
• Works in both hot and cold environment with cooking equipment and freezers.
• May be required to use flat tip grill, oven, braising pan, steamer, mixer, dicer, dishwasher, and sharp knives.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Experience in food service work.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of food preparation methods.
• Skill in the operation, cleaning, and sanitizing of food service appliances and equipment.
• Ability to prepare and serve food, clean dining serving and food preparation areas, and to maintain basic records.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Knowledge of safety and sanitation procedures.
• Must follow and use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when working in kitchens (e.g., cutting gloves, goggles oven
• MUST POSSESS A VALID MCLENNAN COUNTY HEALTH DISTRICT FOOD HANDLERS PERMIT